Monday, March 8, 2010

Baking - Rainbow Cupcakes

Today was the Adelaide Cup public holiday, and I was so thankful for it. Usually I don't really care about public holidays. My mondays at uni are usually pretty short and the only thing public holidays mean is that I can't go to the shops. Today was different. I got to sleep in, get up to date in Gossip Girl, Work on some uni assignments, laugh as my housemate was reeled into talking to some mormons, and I got to bake.


I've been meaning to make some of these rainbow cupcakes ever since I stumbled across the pretty foods tumblr. Kirby (my housemate for all future references) beat me to it a few weeks ago but graciously bought me a packet of cupcake mix so that I could finally get my chance. I just used Green's vanilla cupcake mix, because I was very lazy, my wonderful Wilton's food colouring and I made some cream cheese icing which I piped on and decorated with mini hearts. Now that I've finally got around to making some I'll have to start experimenting with using cakes made from scratch rather than packet mix. This has really just made me realise that I need to buy a new camera!

1 letter(s) to the editor:

♥Frann♥ said...

LOVELY SITE URS,CONGRATS AND HAPPY WOMAN'S DAY!=D
ADD MY LINK IN UR BLOG LIST PLZ.I ADD U BACK.TY