Monday, March 29, 2010

Adelaide Life - A Week in Review

I would like to add to Roxy's post to say that the Primped Look Book session was amazing, thanks o Roxy I went along although. Unfortunately we went on different days and so there I was looking like an absolute goof dressed up ready for a pub crawl surrounded by these lovely looking ladies and of course the gorgeous Zoe! I felt a little out of place to say the least. I'm also a bit jealous of Roxy rifling through her goodie bag, because I'm yet to see mine as I had to leave it with a friend who works at David Jones before heading out on the annual engineering pub crawl. I'm very much looking forward to going through it after uni tomorrow.

In other news I'm currently feeling very inadequate. These cupcakes appeared in my tumblr today at I am yet to work out how to make them.

They call them Valentine's Day Cupcakes, so watch this space. I'm determined to have perfected them by next Valentine's Day. 

I've also been enjoying a little bit of the French Film Festival. Not nearly half as much as I would have liked. I did manage to see two films that were absolutely delightful. They were Nueilly Sa Mère! and Micmacs à Tire-Larigot. Both were funny but also sweet, Micmacs is made by the same guy who directed Amélie so it has that same sort of peculiar aspect while also having quite a charming story behind it. Nueilly Sa Mère (Nueilly Yo Mama in English) was hilarious and it was pretty funny hearing jokes about the Jonas Brothers, iPhones and Sarkozy all in one film. I would recommend both of them, and I'll definitely be sourcing them when they come out on DVD along with a long list of Wong Kar Wai I'm attempting to get my hands on. 

It's been a fun week in little old Adelaide. 

0 letter(s) to the editor: